Are you searching for Australian online casinos? Would you like an impartial ranking of the various online gambling sites that accept Australian players? Well then you're on the right page! We have lined up a number of superb online casinos that welcome Aussie gamblers, but obviously they are not all the same and some are even better to play at than others. We have done the hard graft for you, and our comprehensive reviews will enable you to select the very cream of the crop.
Our expert reviewers have over 15 years of online casino experience and are here to guide you to the best Australian online casino sites of 2016. We have ranked these leading online casino Australia sites according to various strict criteria, including the level of security and player safety, reputation, and the best overall destinations. This ensures that the top Australian online casinos are made available for your gaming pleasure.
Our #1 ranked online casino for Australian players
for January 2021 is:
However, there are also a large number of other online casinos from a variety of software providers offering a large selection of casino games. Each of these meet the following requirements:
- Accept local Australian currency.
- Provide lucrative deposit bonuses for Australian online casino players.
- Provide Safe and Secure gambling.
41 Australian Online Casinos
Why Choose Online Casinos Suggested by Us
- We only feature online casinos that welcome players from Australia, and as mentioned above, offer Australian dollars as one of their accepted currencies (usually alongside US dollars, Euros, GB pounds and Canadian dollars, and in some cases many others). We also only fearure reputable online casinos that are licensed and regulated.
- We only feature online casinos that offer an impressive choice of free to download and/or instant play Flash games - including slots, video poker, table games, card games, arcade-style games, progressive jackpot games and more - developed by one of a select group of premier online gambling software vendors like Microgaming, Playtech, RealTime Gaming and Net Entertainment, to name a few.
- We only feature online casinos that offer a comprehensive selection of fast, secure and, very importantly, discreet Australian-friendly payment and withdrawal methods, as well as professional around-the-clock customer service facilities, to help with any questions or queries.
- We only feature online casinos that offer you generous welcome or sign up bonuses, as well as plenty of new and ongoing promotions that can be extremely lucrative.
How to Choose the Best Australian Online Casinos
While you don't have to look far to find Australian online casinos or at least Australian-friendly online casino sites that welcome Australians and offer AU$ as a currency, you need to know how to recognise the best Australian online casinos in terms of which are the safest and most reputable, which have the biggest and most lucrative casino games selections, which offer the most generous sign-up and reload bonuses and promotions, and which accept the widest range of fast, secure and discreet payment methods. The good news is that we've sourced the best Australian casinos online so you don't have to.
Armed with a set of strict criteria and a score sheet, our team of impartial reviewers have sifted through hundreds of Australian online casinos leaving only the best and brightest in their wake, each of which have high scores as per the following criteria:
- Casino Software: You'll find that all of Australian online casino websites we feature are powered by highly rated online casino vendors and/or developers
- Signup Bonuses:From No Deposit Bonuses to Welcome Bonuses to High Roller Bonuses to regular Reload Bonuses, all casinos will boost your playing funds
- Ongoing Promotions: You'll have plenty of juicy and generous Australian online casinos promotions to choose from in our featured Aussie gambling sites
- Game Choice: Whether you're Australia's #1 pokies fan or you love a game of blackjack, keno or craps, you'll have a vast choice of each to keep boredom at bay
- Massive Progressives: If you're seeking a life-changing payday, you'll have ample opportunity to win millions on any number of progressive jackpot games
- Payment Options: Fund your real money Aussie online casino account fast with a range of credit cards, eWallets, instant EFTs and other safe payment options. The most widely used payment methods by Australian online gambling fans are Poli, Neteller and Moneybookers. However, you can also use Ukash, Citadel Direct, InstaDebit, EcoCard, EntroPay, ClickandBuy, DBT, EziPay, UseMyBank and many more with complete peace of mind. You can click on these at most online casinos to find out more about them.
- Player Support: If you need contact an AU$ online casino for any reason at any time day or night, 365-days-a-year, you can via Live Chat, telephone or email
- Casino Security: All of our featured online Australian casinos are licensed and regulated, and are also audited regularly by respected independent auditors
Australian Online Casinos FAQs
If you're new to Australian online casinos, you'll no doubt have many questions, which is why we have compiled a list of the most common - along with their answers - into the following FAQs:
What You Must Look for in Australian Casino Online?
A fun, lucrative and safe online gambling experience. All Australian online casinos we promote are entertaining to play on and pack a punch when it comes to their games, bonuses, promotions and payouts. Whether you gamble once in a while or a seasoned professional, remember to always have fun.
Can You Legally Play at Australian Online Casinos?
Yes. Although under the terms of Interactive Gambling Act 2001 (IGA) of June 2001, it is illegal for Australia-based online casinos to offer online gambling games to players based in Australia, it is not illegal for Australians to seek out and play at Aussie-friendly offshore-based online gambling sites.
Are Australian Online Casinos Safe to Play on?
Yes. All of our featured Australian online casino sites are reputable, licensed, regulated and audited regularly to ensure their games and payouts are honest and fair. Each also boasts state-of-the-art encryption software to ensure that your deposits, game play, and withdrawals are 100% safe and secure.
Do You Have to Play for Real Money Online?
No. Most reputable Australian casinos online offer fun free play games. They are a great way for you to 'test drive' games and hone your skills and strategies with no financial risk. Most fun play casino games resemble their real money counterparts in every way, except their payouts are worth nothing.
Can I Deposit and Gamble in Australian Dollars?
Yes. Our online casinos offer Australian dollars (AU$) as a currency, which means you can make deposits, take advantage of bonuses and promotions, play games as well as cash out in your home currency. And because you can play in AU$, you never need to convert other currencies while you play.
How to Deposit / Withdraw at Oz Online Casinos?
Quickly and easily. Thanks to a multitude of Australian online casino payment options, making real money deposits and withdrawals is as easy as 1 2 3. All you have to do is go to your Australian casino's payment or banking page, and then select a payment option that suits your particular needs.
What is a Online Casino Welcome Bonus?
This is a free bonus you can unlock and claim with your first deposit or first few deposits. Australian online casino websites are well known for their generous welcome bonus offers which are usually percentage based, such as a 100% Welcome Bonus up to $100. Note that all bonuses have T&Cs.
What is an Online Casino Payout Percentage?
The payout ratio of every dollar gambled. Most Australian casinos post payout percentages for their games as a whole, and individually, and are regularly audited for accuracy. So for instance, a casino with a 97% payout percentage means that it pays out 97c in winnings for every dollar wagered.
Understanding Available Bonuses
Australian players can claim several varieties of casinos bonus offers, especially designed for their benefit. The most commonly claimed Australian casino bonuses are no deposit required bonuses, reload bonuses, first deposit bonuses, promotional bonuses and refer-a-friend bonuses, to mention a few.
- No Deposit: Several Australian online casinos offer no-deposit bonuses to Aussie players just for registering a real play account. Players do not have to make any deposit to claim these bonuses. These bonuses serve the purpose of enabling Aussie players to experience the various features of the casino and even win prizes free of charge. They are typically not much bigger than $25.
- Match Deposit:These could be first deposit bonuses in the form of percentages of players' first deposit amounts, or reload bonuses as percentages of all subsequent deposits that players make at the casino.
- High Roller Bonuses: Deep pockets? Players will find many Aussie-friendly online casinos that will reward larger deposit with free bonus deals.
- Free Play Bonuses: You get to play with s free starting balance of anything up to $1500 with the chance of making a profit in one hour. Only a small portion of any winnings can be transferred to a real player account as a bonus.
In addition to the above, Aussie casinos offer refer-a-friend bonuses when Aussie players refer their friends, birthday bonuses on their birthdays, loyalty bonuses as rewards for loyalty, promotional bonuses as parts of promotions, and so on.
How to Claim Your Bonus
Claiming Australian casinos bonuses is very easy, although the claim procedure varies from bonus to bonus and casino to casino. Some casinos credit no-deposit and deposit bonuses into players' accounts automatically while others require players to input a bonus code. Some Australian casinos also ask players to send an email to their customer care team to claim their bonuses.
Players can claim promotional bonuses by taking part in promotions and loyalty bonuses by achieving higher levels in the online casino's loyalty program.
Australian players can grab larger bonuses and claim better deals if they sign up through an approved affiliate link instead of signing up directly at the casino.
New players might wonder why casinos offer bonuses. The answer is simple - bonuses are marketing tools used by online casinos to attract more new players and keep the existing ones happy. Claiming bonuses is a great way for Aussie players to start building a plump casino bankroll.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Australia?
As already mentioned, Australian gambling laws are very clear when it comes to sports betting but less so for online casinos and poker rooms. Until the government (Federal and State) formally regulate these activities, thousands of players will keep on enjoying the services of offshore licensed sites.
Depending on who you talk to, Australian online gambling law does not make it illegal for players to play online casino games or poker, but online casinos and poker sites cannot accept bets from Australian citizens. Offshore online casinos and poker sites are least bothered about this legislation as they do not operate from Australia, and Aussie poker and casino players happily register at these online gaming sites.
Since offshore online gaming companies operate from outside Australia and are sure that the Australian law does not apply to them, they accept Aussie players with open arms. Aussie players can play at online casinos that cater to Australian states and accept the Australian dollar. Those players who are interested in playing poker will also be able to find a good number of online poker rooms to help them.
Australian punters can bet on any sports event by logging on to an online sports book and making bets.
The Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 dashed the hopes of several companies that were eagerly waiting to grab their share of the Australian online gaming market. Over the last ten years, the wheels of regulation have turned very slowly and in the meantime, offshore gambling operators have offered their services to Australians.
It is only since around 2008 that the North Territory started to issue online sports bettong licenses, introducing stiff competition for the state gambling monopolies. States like New South Wales, Tasmania and Victoria have since issued licenses which has resulted in entry into the market of British heavyweights such as bet365 and Betfair.
Meanwhile the land based poker tournament industry exploded with the introduction of numerous leagues. Online poker rooms were quick to move and aligned themselves wit these networks. As poker players became more knowledgeable they started to play at online poker rooms licensed all over the world, chasing the big money tournament prizes.
While this law does not make it illegal or criminal for Australians to play real money casino and poker online, it makes it illegal for online casino or poker site operators to accept bets from players in Australia. This has not stropped these operators and the government seems to be focussing on more pressing issues.
Regulation is inevitable, but when is anyone's guess.